THIS IS ENOUGH!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

THIS IS ENOUGH!

Post by katch moore »

the site isn't like it was. everybody ruins other peoples post. somethings gotta change.... you know there's a reason why the regulars have left. this forum is out of control! this ins't working out. there's more negative feed back rather then positive. some might say otherwise. but that's what i feel. and i know that people are going to bash this topic. but hey what else do you expect coming from fish-hawk.net.

people shouldn't have to delete/edit their post because somebody said something. people on this site go to the extreme! they always think of the worst. it's like walking on egg shells. i got into fishing to relax and that's the last thing that fish-hawk.net does. alot of people pick on other people, it's a matter of maturaty, and we all know that alot of the posters lack the above. they only come in to say disrespectfull things. why? is this your way of making your self feel big? better then others? if you have nothing good to say then don't say it at all! simple as that.
Last edited by katch moore on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

I knew we'd eventually see the prolonged effects of the crayfish diet. :lol:
Suddsy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Suddsy »

Hey Katch Moore; Just wanted to try and understand your comments. :? It sounds like something really got you upset. :( That is unfortunate. Pehaps you could explain what exactly caused you to express these sentiments. :? I don't know if any site will achieve perfection as people aren't perfect so neither will their behaviour or interaction on a web site always be perfect. All in all, I have not seen a better and more productive site for supporting fishermen. 8) Just a thought, :idea: but how about taking your comments and converting them into some positive recommendations for change on the site. This type of response might not get buy-in by everyone but it has the benefit of pro-actively making positive suggestions that will cause some people to think. :roll: In the meantime, I would recommend that you try not to take comments too personal and enjoy the site for the postivie things it provides.

Suddsy
pchilli1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

hmmm

Post by pchilli1 »

Everyone is open to their opinion. Sometimes there is strength where we differ and promise where we overlap. People are passionate about their sport and resource. Sometimes when we see things we disagree with our blood begins to boil and we react negatively. Arguably this is not always the best course of action, however, I don’t think that calling the site ‘crap’ is either. I feel this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I really enjoy the site and take the little tiffs for what they are, just tiffs.
eddie43
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by eddie43 »

I think this site is great!!!,
Full of informed and/or inquiring minds who all share a common passion...

Now people on this forum just like people in real life do have different opinions about subjects, if everyone had the same opinion we wouldn't have this forum to begin with...

I see very little of people simply posting negativity for the purpose of belittling someone, most arguements do have valid reasoning behind both sides... Now I agree that sometimes the "tone" of the messages could be slightly improved, but over the internet tone is not as easily interpreted as if spoken face to face, so you have to take that into consideration...

But like any group of people in this world, there will be some who get along and some who don't, that's just life...

I do agree with you however Katchmore that no one should be made to feel like they have to delete there post because they are made to feel bad by another member...everyone's opinion should be respected even if not agreed with.

I for one have taken only good experiences thus far from Fish-hawk and it's members, and find this site far from "crap"

but again this is just my 2 cents,

Good day all,

-eddie
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: wicked read!!

Post by slop »

Katch Moore wrote:this site has gone down to crap.
if you have nothing good to say then don't say it at all! simple as that.
I left out the 'filler' on this one for obvious reasons. :wink:

I generally do not get involved with threads like this or other controversial topics....as i have been labeled a crap disturber...and i've also had a few members take a run at me for having an opinion. It is water off a ducks back if ya ask me. This is a fishing site and a community of like-minded people. I have been a regular here for almost three years(should have 10,000 posts too) and fish-hawk has been a great place to hang out and talk fishin. There are many, many boards out there, that are nothing but a soap opera and lots of their members are drama queens.I would say we got it pretty good here. Hope i did not offend anyone with my comments.

Grant.
Last edited by slop on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bts »

Well said Slop.
YakAttack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by YakAttack »

I think this is merely a troll
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

I don't know why I'm gonna bother but here goes... I have also been on this site for nearing 3 years now... and while the site is not quite what it was a couple of years ago, I still believe it is quite informative and helpful!!

As for people HAVING to delete their post :roll: nobody had to delete anything... an individual was ticked off and decided to delete his posts.. I on the other hand will not delete what I wrote being stupid or not.
they only come in to say disrespectfull things. why? is this your way of making your self feel big? better then others? if you have nothing good to say then don't say it at all! simple as that.
I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about... let me tell ya bud this lad has done more for this site than you can imagine... unfortunately he was also victim to the negativity that you speak of...

Lets hope for some good ice boys so people can stop gettin their panties in a bunch :wink:

Rich
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bts »

Rich, White lake starten to stiffen up? :D
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Bri... She's gettin there.. three mile bay is iced up don't know thickness, but I'll let ya know Sat :wink: :P
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

i'm not targeting somebody in general. "you" is who ever. no body in specific. i'm just tired of seing posts being blocked. i think i've seen 2 or 3 in the past 3-4 weeks. when i joined less then a year ago everybody was helping others out. giving tips, posting reports without anybody bashing it. "great! you got out, got into fish?, great!!, now it's couple people replying positively with others just totaly ruining it by either commenting on the size of the fish or by emailing threatening, (akira).

why is this nessecary? i have never seen this on this board before.

why all of a sudden? we have pm' inboxes for a reason use those! don't go and use somebody's topic as your own thread. i'm not saying that i'm not guilty of not doing it. but it needs to stop.

sorry but i'm just a little frustrated right now. i'm not targeting anybody in this message, just clearing my mind.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Alright buddy she's said and done... let's keep on keepin on :lol: If that makes any sense :lol:

Rich
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

....just one more thing. When i opened the Fishing Talk forum and saw"Report"...."Wicked read....like a fish, i had to bite and take a look. This is not what i expected to be commenting on :lol: :lol: I ignore some peoples posts and i'm sure there are many here that ignore mine...AND IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM.

And yes my knickers are in a bunch...not having safe ice is killing me :lol:
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

not having safe ice is killing me
Ditto... would one like to comment on how Clayton is doin'?? :wink: :P