Couple of Pics from the Wknd

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Couple of Pics from the Wknd

Post by wolfe »

Not too much fishing time, but we try to get out in the boat at least once while we're up working at the cottage on the wknds.

I have more photo's from past wknds, but they are tied up on my currently dead computer (fried router), so they'll have to wait for another time.

I'm also having a little trouble uploading the other photo's that are on this laptop.

So for now, just a couple of pics:

Hot, Bright Summer Afternoon = 22" Walleye. Go figure!

Tyler got a couple as well in the p.m., but I can't get the pic's up.

Shane with a Rockbass

The time spent fishing has been brief, and basically unremarkable. Smallmouth are hitting, but so far they are all in the range of 15-16". Lots of fun, but I'm waiting on the 19-20 inchers. We'll see. Plenty of time left, I hope.

Cottage is close to having the major stuff done. I'll try to figure out what's going on with the uploading problem and get some updated photo's up. It's been great to spend a little time there and see real progress.

Full moon over the lake and loons wailing make all the back and forth driving well worth it.

(Of course, we could do without the Swimmers' Itch.) :wink:

W.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Hey Wolfe,

Beauty 'eye!! Mine came on Sunday under the exact same conditions - funny how it works like that sometimes.. :shock:

Good to see the little tykes are feeling better!

Those big smallies will start showing up soon....as soon as the leaves start to change colour! :wink:

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Great report Wolfe!!! Nice eye. I caught a bunch of good ones last week up North and it was during the hottest and sunniest day of the summer and they were all caught in about 8 FOW.

Dan
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Great report Wolfe :D .
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Great colour on that bruiser of a rockie Shane! The eye is a nice surprise...Hope to see more :D
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Ohhh, what a nice looking walter Wolfe...and rockie too shane! When are you going to invite Jiggy and I up there to fish some of that beautiful water :wink: :wink:

Your monster smallie is coming Wolfe...be patient :wink:

Thanks for the report. It puts a smile on my face everytime :D
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Oh yea,

I also wanted to tell you that the best walleye fishing this year for me has been during the middle of the day. Peek hours were ok too but the bite really picked up in the day...shallow too :shock: 1-3 in the afternoon bottom bouncing in the weeds. Got to love it :D
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Hi Wolfe - great to see that you were able to get some time to wet a line even though it was brief. Cottages are a labour of love aren't they.

Beauty fish, thanks for posting.

-Steve.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Nice to see you have time to fish,,, too bad about the computer though.

Thanks for the update..

Matt
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Thanks for the update Margie.
Great wally caught. Just trying to figure them out is plenty of work.
Glad to hear everything is coming together at the cottage.
Sorry about your computer problems.
Hear from you again soon.
Brian
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

Nice Rock bass Shane...those things go beserk when you hook em!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Funny about that walleye...

Against kids' pouting and protesting (they wanted to swim & raft) I told them I wanted to first take a few casts for some pike. I have a nice spot in a back bay I like, where there's a lot of weed growth and then a nice, deep edge along one side. There's also a lot of good perch and panfish for the kids, so I thought they'd be content for a half hour. Tyler was starting to complain "there's nothing biting" when I had the walleye hit.

The walleye was a bit of a surprise, and as walleyes go, this one fought better than any I've ever hooked. I thought it was a pike, and even after we glanced it, Brian kept insisting it was a pike. So it was like a comedy with us shouting back and forth: "It's a pike!" "No, it's a walleye!" :lol:

I remember my brother caught a very nice walleye on Pike Lake on an ungodly hot day -- middle of the afternoon, sweltering and a bright, high sun.

They are usually a challenge (walleye) and that's what makes them fun for me.

Thx for the nice responses. I wish I could get out more & have some better reports!

W.
YakAttack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by YakAttack »

Not one itchy red spot to be seen! Nice 'eye, and nice colours on those fish - I love it when kids get into bass and go nuts when a fighter is on the line.

My 11-yr old got into her first smallmouth last weekend and broke the tip of her rod - like a one-pounder, but too much for her micro setup. :)

Thanks for posting
GetTheNet!!!
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GetTheNet!!! »

Nice fish for sure, always good to see your clan out having fun on the water Wolfe. I'm also impressed by the size of the rock bass your boys get into regularly. :D
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

That's a nice walleye, Wolfe. and nice rockie too! So the secret to catching walleye is to go fishing for pike?? :lol: :lol: