Ice prediction

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Ice prediction

Post by Seabass81 »

Well Mayby its just me but i have a feeling we will be fishing a heck of alot earlier this year then last! The ice by the docks at petrie is about 3.5 inche's. 3/4's of that is garb mixed in with some clear ice. I expect some people to be down soon to test there luck, Just remember to be real safe.

John
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

+6 here in ktown today :? The only ice around here is in my freezer :lol:
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

I'm guessing mid-December for really safe ice, but I'm sure people will go out before that.
Jasonb
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Ice

Post by Jasonb »

i know that i wont be out until i am 100% sure that the ice will safely hold a cars weight... even tho i dont own a vehicle its just easier to fish happily knowing that the ice will support hundereds of pounds more than me... lol.... plus i've got a new lil guy at home so i dont wanna be stupid and go out early and never have the chance to show him what fishin is all about... so hopefully somewhere around Jan. the ice should be good... but i guess we'll see then...

Jason
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I was beting on the 5 or 6 dec.

but those not look to go that way.. :?

for what i see now on the weater chanel........mid dec should be froze for walking i some place...

but this is only if that weater patern stay the same.

i would love to be able to go all over are lake in my 2 wek vacation....last year was the first time(we coudn't) since we got the cottage in the past 34 years.. :shock: :? .

lets hope guys/gals

joco
D-mo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Please review ...

Post by D-mo »

Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I took Dec.7th as vacation just for my first ice fishing trip!!!!! My last day of unbooked vacation for this year, it might be rebooked earlier:D :D

Hopefully, I won't be all dressed up and nowhere to go.
Last edited by Wallyboss on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-mo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by D-mo »

you should be pretty good Wallyboss.. im still sticking with my origional forcast of December 5th ..

d-mo
TheFishstick
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Ice

Post by TheFishstick »

Jasonb wrote:i know that i wont be out until i am 100% sure that the ice will safely hold a cars weight... even tho i dont own a vehicle its just easier to fish happily knowing that the ice will support hundereds of pounds more than me... lol.... plus i've got a new lil guy at home so i dont wanna be stupid and go out early and never have the chance to show him what fishin is all about... so hopefully somewhere around Jan. the ice should be good... but i guess we'll see then...

Jason
This coming from a guy who walked out on +/-2 inches of ice on walleye bay last year... lol
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

i'm still thinking that in calabogie, it wont be before the week of the 16th/22nd of december.

stay safe,

matt
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Katch Moore wrote:i'm still thinking that in calabogie, it wont be before the week of the 16th/22nd of december.

stay safe,

matt
Dude r u kiddin' me?? those lake are already smothered in ice... good deterrent post though :lol:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I see some -18 on the 8dec....at night.........if it stay like that....crappy on the 8 or 9dec.... :P

joco 8)
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Ca fait trop longtemps la seul glace est dans mon congelateur....mais j'esperais avoir les lacs geler hier.... :P
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

The sooner the better!!
slop wrote:Ca fait trop longtemps la seul glace est dans mon congelateur....mais j'esperais avoir les lacs geler hier.... :P
Grant.... How your French has improved since I last fished with you... You must be getting some help??? :wink: LOL

Put the "French Books" down for a night and get out there and slay some fish!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Slop I could teach you a couple of choice words to use when the fish aren't biting :lol: :lol: