OOS bass fishing a joke(now with pic)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

OOS bass fishing a joke(now with pic)

Post by muskymatt »

You would never know it was Muskie opener on the Ottawa today.

Muskie angles were out numbered by guys fishing bass out of season..

Not just one or two....we're talking dozens :evil: :evil:

It was so freeking pathetic I was shocked.... :roll:

After going by many without saying anything I couldn't hold it any longer. So the next guy I saw, the conversation went like this ( No exaduration)..

MM...hey how's the fishing???

OOS guy.....not bad!

MM...What are you fishing for???

OOS guy....Practicing for bass!

MM...Bass is not open!

OOS guy...it's Ok I'm just practicing....

MM...No it's not Ok , they are not in season.....

OOS guy...(silence)

MM...Hey did you hear me? Bass Is not open!

OOS guy ...(silence)

The rest is not clean enough to be printed......

Well Skeeter Boy....if you are an FH guy ...I'm going to make sure everyone knows who you are...and the pics I took of you and your chick.....I'll be posting them here and sending them to the OMNR...

Red and white skeeter.....C/W walking talking rectum guy....

Everyone of you guys who was out there should lose your boat..

Absolutely a joke...shameful :evil: :evil: :roll:

Photo removed by site admin to avoid potential legalities.
Last edited by muskymatt on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

I was fishing for musky and walleyes at Presquile Bay near Lefaivre accross from Le Chateau Montebello. And a boat with 4 persons in it stop for a couple of minutes and I could see some fish on the stringer and ask how was the fishing and he said the fish where biting and he show me the stringer and he had 2 oos smally :twisted: . I should had told him the bass was not on season and I would had wish the conservation officer would had made a visit. But for me I managed to catch 4 channel catfish over there and what a nice dock they made there and it was something to with the summit they had when G W Bush want to le Chateau Montebello.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

We were out in the Prior all afternoon for ski's and we were the only boat most of the afternoon.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

We saw the same thing here on the Ottawa.... :x :x

My wife and I were sitting on the deck yesterday afternoon enjoying the sunny day for a change, and a bass boat drifts by with 3 guys standing on the platform, making numerous casts to the dock...WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I kept thinking to myself "if only I owned a rocket launcher" :shock: :D
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

What you need TMH is a auto rock...It is structure that pops up out of the water with a push of a button...Just wait till they get over top and BAMMM...instant 2 prop dinger :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:

My wife and I were sitting on the deck yesterday afternoon enjoying the sunny day for a change, and a bass boat drifts by with 3 guys standing on the platform, making numerous casts to the dock...
They must have read about the great fishing in front of the Log Home in Constance Bay... :lol:

It's real tough to see that crap going on....and especially admitting to it....I was fishing the shallows yesterday as well...but not for bass... :wink:
Terry_F
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Terry_F »

almontefisher wrote:What you need TMH is a auto rock...It is structure that pops up out of the water with a push of a button...Just wait till they get over top and BAMMM...instant 2 prop dinger :lol:
Great idea Pete, made me smile anyway :lol: :lol: !!

I was on the Ottawa yesterday afternoon as well. Looking for walleye.
Trolled out front of Steve's place then went up to the ferry for a while. Changed to a buzz bait for pike, got a few "lazy" hits but no takers.
Re-rigged for walleye and decicided to troll back towards Port of Call, picked up a small pike, and decided to call it a day.
Not what I was really after but it wasn't a skunk day.

As for OOS fishing, some guys just have no class at all. The rules is the rules, we all catch them by accident but everyone knows you can't target them.
I don't know how the law can fix stuff like that, for me it's about personal honour and class. Its a similar issue as steroid use in sports, some people just don't follow the rules or have no personal honour.
You have lots of levels of rules, etiquete, personal honour the law.
For the first two I'm responsable to myself, and don't know how other people manage to call themselves fishermen, or golfers or any sort of sportsman if they don't exhibit sportsman like behaviours.
Sorry if that sounds high-minded or like a rant, but it made me feel better.
For all of us older guys, it is our responsability to show the young guys on the site that honour and self respect are really important. Its how you behave when no-one else is around that is important. Its easy to target OOS fish at any time, but you loose bragging rights, guys don't want to hear about it and as demonstrated time after time on this site, they really don't want to see pictures. Be true to yourself, play within the rules.
That first IN-SEASON bucketmouth feels so good year after year, and you feel good about yourself.
Sunday sermon over !!!!!!!!
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

something like that happend to me a my g-f

we were out on mclaurin bay fishing for pike! we did good btw! 8) all rockets tho! anyways!!

and them we call it a day go back to shore to get my trailler and these two old guys are fishing with worms ...

i say ( sa mort tu? ) hey says yes BASS!!

he had a 5 gallon pale of bass! :shock:

i coudnt beleieve it! how long does it take and how old can you get befor

learning the rules??
bass_hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

omg

Post by bass_hunter »

Fishing 24/7 wrote:something like that happend to me a my g-f

we were out on mclaurin bay fishing for pike! we did good btw! 8) all rockets tho! anyways!!

and them we call it a day go back to shore to get my trailler and these two old guys are fishing with worms ...

i say ( sa mort tu? ) hey says yes BASS!!

he had a 5 gallon pale of bass! :shock:

i coudnt beleieve it! how long does it take and how old can you get befor

learning the rules??
ask pauls friend b..........about braconeiring on the mclaurin
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

thats just terible
bardern
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bardern »

here is a question for you all with a differant angle on the same issue.

While drifting for walleye a few weeks back I started catching (lots) of smallies up to 6lbs. I was in 25-30ft of water no way they were on beds or spawning. I had to quit to get home but the walleyes and bass were still on a furious bite.

What would you all have done? I probably would have stayed if I had time.
Jackel
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jackel »

I understand the frustration and just spoke to another F/H'er earlier today before reading this post.

I was also in Wendover on Saturday and it was wall to wall bass boats on the river. Many of them were fishing for bass and did not budge even as we got closer to their boats. But, not sure about everyone else but I go fishing to relax an and in today's world I would be very cautious on how we approach others when they are doing something illigal.

All we can do is call the MNR and report it. Not get in a fight with everyone out on the water. It happens every year, i'ts never going to stop!

Remember, you don't know these people and and don't know what they are capable of.

Jackel 8)
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

I was out for a few hours last weekend and all there was out there were bass guys, This Friday the parking lot at Wendover was full before 9 am and guess what? most were bass guys. I saw the same thing where I was yesterday.

I actually saw your skeeter boy filling up at Lefeivre at 5 pm when we got out.

He must be traveling a long ways if you were fishing the other side of Rockland. LOL

I clearly remember as he had that awful country music going on and noticed how bad that 90HP yammy sounded when he put it in gear.

Hey I actually saw one bass boat fishing for muskies, but that was one of our guys and a guess speed trolling with the 200HP.
bassman3840
Participant
Participant

Post by bassman3840 »

some of these so called fishermen & women are A----- holes they just dont care. you should have taken a picture of the boat number posted it here for us to know who this jerk was & given it to mnr if anyone knows who this person is please post it on fishnet.Iam starting to take pictures of boats fishing shoreline &giving the picture & number to the ministry
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

But let's keep in mind that even if the guy is fishing from a Bass boat it doesn't mean he is fishing for bass. Lot's of pike spots are holding bass.