Scented spray

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Pike Puncher
Participant
Participant

Scented spray

Post by Pike Puncher »

Can anyone recommend a decent spray on scent? Anybody notice a difference with or without? I've seen several at different stores and want o know if it would be worth the ten bucks.

Cheers
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

I like the YUM sprays for a variety of applications. For smallies I usually go with the craw fish imitation or when im in deep weeds for largies... Garlic also works for both species pretty well.

The Shad and Shrimp I have never used... Maybe somebody can give some feedback on those?

Hope this helps,

Nod :wink:

http://www.yum3x.com/details.aspx?categ ... Attractant
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Nodie wrote:I like the YUM sprays for a variety of applications. For smallies I usually go with the craw fish imitation or when im in deep weeds for largies... Garlic also works for both species pretty well.

The Shad and Shrimp I have never used... Maybe somebody can give some feedback on those?

Hope this helps,

Nod :wink:

http://www.yum3x.com/details.aspx?categ ... Attractant
So pretty much, all applications :lol:

I like the BANG line of scents and attractants...My favorite to have in the boat is the Combo Craw/Shad..Don't get on the carpet!

-Andrew
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

After we got a lesson from PENG this winter at Quinte, I ordered the Garlic flavored Lunker sauce. It smells really bad( I can still smell it on my Vex) But he sure outfished us all, with small minnows and the garlic sauce.
Plus it's not a spray it's like a Bingo dabber. So you don't have to worry about the gusts of wind.

here is the one I use now!!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... 60006&rid=
Last edited by Wallyboss on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

a small tupperware container or even an upside down frizbie works well to lay your bait in while you stray or squirt the scent...easy to rinse out at the end of the day...and you save money (amazing how much of the scent you waste if you spray/squirt the stuff directly on a hanging bait). after a few baits/resprays, you can just rub the bait in the container
rfunfarm

Post by rfunfarm »

Stop laughing :lol: :lol: I learned this years ago & I'm cheap SO---put your unscented crawlers in a bait box with REAL crawlers . Don't know why it works but it does---Also have melted butter & added garlic into a container & added soft plastic lures. Slippery but effective. I can now afford the real stuff & use Bass Pros--Bass Attractant for my pond. Works very well there.
rfunfarm

Re: Scented spray

Post by rfunfarm »

Pike Puncher wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent spray on scent? Anybody notice a difference with or without? I've seen several at different stores and want o know if it would be worth the ten bucks.

Cheers
TRY RIGHT GUARD--Your friends will notice the difference. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I wonder who is going to mention it first???? It shouldn't be too long!!!!
bassman3840
Participant
Participant

fish scent

Post by bassman3840 »

go to your grocery store & ask for bottle of fresh garlic spray you get 235 ml for a few $ its 99% pure garlic I got mine at A&p it works well for me good luck
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Tip-up wrote:Don't get on the carpet!

-Andrew
Get some on there and you're screwed :lol: Watch the clothes too :lol:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Just make sure you don't wear your Shimano shirt on your next date Nodie!!! Might be your last one!!
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Netman »

Try this. Mix together in a container then just pick up a spray bottle from the dollar store and you're good to go.

steve

Two Tablespoons, Garlic Powder
Two Teaspoons, Ground Parsley
Two Cups, Vegetable Oil
One Teaspoon, Salt
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

Netman wrote:Try this. Mix together in a container then just pick up a spray bottle from the dollar store and you're good to go.

steve

Two Tablespoons, Garlic Powder
Two Teaspoons, Ground Parsley
Two Cups, Vegetable Oil
One Teaspoon, Salt
Seriously? Might be worth a try. Sounds stinky! :) I have all of that at home including a spray bottle. As long as it isn't a fish repellant, I'll give it a shot. :)
digitalchef
Participant
Participant

Post by digitalchef »

I just mixed up a batch of the prev. recipe to soak my tubes in.
will post some results.
fletch02
Participant
Participant

Post by fletch02 »

I like to use mega strike its a paste seams to last a bit longer not real cheap though it seems to work.