WOULD YOU KILL A RECORD MUSKY..?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

WOULD YOU KILL A RECORD MUSKY..?

Post by joco »

HI ALL.

WOULD YOU KILL A RECORD MUSKY..? TO GET IT VERIFIED AND CERTIFIED TO HAVE THAT RECORD TO YOUR NAME TRULY.

TRUTH.?

KILL OR NO KILL.

SOME WILL KILL IT BUT WILL SAY THEY HAD TO BECAUSE IT WAS REALY BAD INJURE AND IT WAS NOT GOING TO LIVE..B.S.. :lol:

TRUTH HERE GUYS.

IT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE BECAUSE AT THAT SIZE ITS A LEGAL FISH AND YOU CAN KEEP IT.

4 years ago i went to a fly fishing store in toronto..and there was the TRUE non official world record musky there obrien musky..i saw it live mounted on the wall over there..man its is huge and something to see live.wow

joco
Last edited by joco on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

i WILL BE HOBEST HERE.

IF I GET A 70 POUND MUSKY OR WATHEVER AND I AM 100% ITS BIGGER THEN THE WOLRD RECORD.

MMMMMMM I AM NOT SHER 100% I WOULD LET IT GO..BUT CANT SAY I WOULD KEEP IT TO.

MABE A LIVE RELAES RECORD IS OK WIT ME TO. 8)

I AM NOT SHER EVEN IF I DO LET IT GO IT WILL LIVE A LOT LONGER..BECASUE WEN IT IS THAT BIG LETS SAY 70 POUND..MUST BE PRETTY OLD AND IS SHE STILL FERTILE ETC ETC.

BUT AGAIN.IT MUST BE COOL TO LET GO A MONSTER LIKE THAT..TO LIVE. FOR WHAT VER SHE HAVE LEFT.

THAT SIZE MUSKY AS SOME LIFE TO IT AND SAW A LOT OFF STUFF...WOULD BE SAD TO SEE IT DING TO HANG ON A WALL. :?

WEN YOU CAN GET PICTURES AND GET A PLASTIC MOUNTH THAT IS BBETTER AND LAST LONGER OR JUST A PLAIN GREAT PICT ON THE WALL

DONT NEED THE REAL THING.

JOCO
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

I'm not going to lie....if I was close to 100% certainty that it was a World record Muskie contender, then hell yes, I would keep it!!...I know that this thread is going to now become a debate!! :wink: :D

And this is only my "opinion" :wink:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

JOCO..........

70lb muskie would be ugly as hell anyway, could you imagine the girth
:shock: :shock:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

The attacks of your character and then the debate on the actual size of the fish would never be worth it.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

B.O.N.K

(would be going on my wall, whether it gets reported as a record ... well ... that's another story)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I do have to say one thing.

even if you do get a record it those woth mutch.

ok mabe a couple free lures and free fishing stuff and a couple article in some magazine but not mutch heale.

if it was a bass world record now it would meen some more $$ but not for a musky.

if you are a guide it would meen a bit more..more client more publicity and more fishing stuff and mabe some deals on boats.

but for us average joblo.it would not meen mutch $$ at all..just something to be pround off..and you can be pround and dont have to kill it ..just to let it go and be pround to have done that wit a record fish...

no debate guys..

just honesty and its a legal fish so its ok to let it go or not.its personal.

and i am think the same way rj...

a guy keep it it will be blast frome poeple etc..and people will try to say its not the weight its say it is etc.

just want opinion and they are all good.

and about the record now..

http://www.musky.ca/ontario-record-musk ... -musky.htm

and to find the next one.

http://www.fishontario.com/fishing/musk ... 316&page=1

joco
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

RJ wrote:The attacks of your character and then the debate on the actual size of the fish would never be worth it.
I agree with you RJ but how can they debate the size when it is mounted on the wall :lol:

Now any other record fish I think I would keep but it would have to be no doubt that it was a record. Anything close I would really need to think about it. I am not into fishing for my name to be in the record books.
HereMyGo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HereMyGo »

Hmm tough call..

The issue really is the following..If I let it go so someone else can land this monster, then what are the chances that he/she as well lets it go?
At the same time, maybe I'm the 5th person who's caught this fish, so how could I be selfish and keep it?

I personally wouldn't care about any records or any publicity too much, and any that is received would be very short lived.

With all that said, I would keep it. And for the simple reason I stated above...no matter how many people might have already released it, the chances are that eventually someone is going to keep it. In which case, it might as well be me.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

HereMyGo wrote:Hmm tough call..

The issue really is the following..If I let it go so someone else can land this monster, then what are the chances that he/she as well lets it go?
At the same time, maybe I'm the 5th person who's caught this fish, so how could I be selfish and keep it?

I personally wouldn't care about any records or any publicity too much, and any that is received would be very short lived.

With all that said, I would keep it. And for the simple reason I stated above...no matter how many people might have already released it, the chances are that eventually someone is going to keep it. In which case, it might as well be me.
Actually, the chances are very slim that fish would ever been seen again.

It would be nice if "someone" would catch "her" and put an end to all the nonsense.

I seriously doubt I would whack her, don't need all the B.S. that would likely come with it, but then again whose to say till yer in those shoes???
TMH
Participant
Participant

Post by TMH »

That fish would be worth a small fortune to who ever catch's it.. might be worth the aggravation
HereMyGo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HereMyGo »

Relic wrote: Actually, the chances are very slim that fish would ever been seen again.

It would be nice if "someone" would catch "her" and put an end to all the nonsense.

I seriously doubt I would whack her, don't need all the B.S. that would likely come with it, but then again whose to say till yer in those shoes???
I don't think you can come to the conclusion that the chances are slim the fish would ever be seen again.

There is really no supporting evidence of your conclusion, because there are too many unknown variables.
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

What would it be worth in sponsorship dollars?

If a 4 pound bass can get you a bright yellow shirt then what does a 70 pound Musky fetch?
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I'd keep it. If it were a world record! Sure!
I mean c'mon now! Muskies are HARD to catch. Many more outings being skunked than productive.
So if I happen to be a very lucky bugger and boat a whale of a ski, your darn tootin I'd keep it.

Character attacks and what not aside. The fish is over the legal limit and I'd have probably spent my wholelife going after it.

To boot if it were a world record trophy rest assured ALL of my musky gear would be going up for sale...all my Loomis rods, Woods tackle box etc...everything. I swear that I personally would never fish them again...
For me the challenge would have been met. The best there is to date has been boated right? Would I ever catch something like that again? Probably not...so the thrill for me would end with catching that fish. No other fish afterwards would bring me the feeling that they do now.

I think most musky guys will agree half the fun of fishing is hoping the next one is a big one. So if you've already boated the biggest...what fun is left?

My $0.02

But chances of that ever happening are nill so I will forevermore fish Canadian Shield Muskies.
Robert Goulet
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Robert Goulet »

jwhite wrote:If a 4 pound bass can get you a bright yellow shirt then what does a 70 pound Musky fetch?
Hilarious :lol: