How was your year?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

How was your year?

Post by Troller »

Hi Guys and Gals,
I just put my boat away. :cry: Now the weekends are a write off with hockey and basketball etc for my two sons. I know there is still good fishing now and I might even do a red eye express for a day to BOQ in November. I am just wondering how everyone's year has been ? Personally, I have had my best year for fishing in a long time. I got out a lot with my sons and friends. There were no PB's for me this year, but a lot of fish caught for me. I also witnessed and landed three PB's for one son and two PB's for the other this year. Also a number of PB's for their friends. Not to mention whenever I hook a fish I automatically lose my rod to a smaller pair of hands now lol. I take kids fishing a lot in my boat, so it has been very rewarding. After all, these guys are the future of fishing.
So how has your year been?
Dave
fordson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fordson »

Definately my best ever. Check out the posts in the gallery...and I didn't post any bass/pike pics.

Gotta love the fishing in eastern ontario! :lol: :arrow: :D :shock:
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

twas a great year....but not over...

Post by Priorguy »

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsome year.. lots of eyes.. bass and pike.. not to mention brown trout while clening em... I figure a couple more weeks. Last year and the year before we had the boat in until Xmas eve.. was a blast!

Priorguy!
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

I moved to Rockland last winter from Sudbury and my goal was to take this year to figure out the fishing here, and I must say, Mission Accomplished! :D Had a blast with spring pike, the walleye and sauger fishing was decent all summer, great so far this fall (except for last week, just when you think you have 'em figured out....) I didn't catch any largies but I did miss quite a few on topwaters, so that's exciting for next year. I found a bunch of great looking spots and I even managed to land a muskie, albeit while pike fishing and only a 5lber. All and all, a good year, and next year should be even better. My boat will be out until the ice is on, and hopefully the river's frozen the day after that :wink: .
Tight lines everyone,
Yannick
Chewie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Best year fishing

Post by Chewie »

My first year with my own boat so I did much more fishing this year than any previous. I was out over 40 times so the fishing was great most days but the end of the season really slowed down for me. Caught my biggest fish this year as well. A 25 lb Carp. The most productive day my buddy and I caught 54 fish with a total weight of over 200lbs. That was an awsome day with a 22 lb channel cat to boot. Have not gotten posting pics down yet but there are a few of them in the Galleries.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Not bad.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

so so..
Mitch24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mitch24 »

Best yet.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

It was a little better this year..........
A couple of hundred pike
Several thousand Bass :P :P :lol: :lol:
And throw in a decent Muskie 8)

:D :D
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

no 50'' + musky yet .... after i get this legendary musky ... ill say i had a good year! :?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

It was a great season, and surely one of the best by far! No new PB best beasts but I fished and marked a lot of new and old water and better yet, had the pleasure to fish with and meet a BUNCH of new Hawkers! Caught lots of fish and learned a whole lot too. Never thought I would say this but I can't wait to get through winter to get back on the water in the spring...It will be a totally new game next season :D :wink: Thanks everyone!
farmerkid
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by farmerkid »

Awesome year,
this is the year i really got into fishing and it came with results!

PB pike; ~10lbs :twisted:
PB largie; ~4lbs :D
PB smallie;~4lbs 8)
PB laker;~7lbs :o

And lots of fish in between!
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

Started the summer off trollin' for Walleye on a miserable rain-soaked weekend up at Nangor Resort near Westmeath, caught a couple o' 'wee-ones'. :( :oops:

Finished the season off trollin' for Walleye on a miserable rain-soaked weekend on Bay of Quinte near Picton Harbour, only caught one BUT it was a 10 lb. 13 oz. BEE----YOOT!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And lots of "fillers" in between, all-in-all a great summer!! :D :D

Now I'll probably hibernate through the misery of winter :cry: :cry: :evil: ------"Come On May"!!!!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

My years was pretty good with some up and down :roll: . The spring start pretty good with bullheads perch and crappy :) . Then was the pike and walleyes with some pretty good pike but not many walleyes other then some dinks eyes :roll: . Then I had some oppertunity to caught some channel cats and sheesheads :) . Then the bass season starts with lots of 12" bass and I could keep these little bass out of my line with the biggest at 17" and I had a musky ho broke my line twice in Kemptville :( that I would estimate at 40" long and the last time I was there I almost caught it he just got away in front of me :cry: . I was trying for perch in the St Lawrence for a months o so with not mutch succes until yesterday as I managed to caught 35 perchs with a 12" jumbo the biggest of the day :) .

But the saddliest moment I had in a while came at the end of August this year as the fiance of a co worker of mind and she was a good friend of mind got killed in a motorcycle accident near Moose Creek :cry: that was very sad and I was not filling good for about 2 weeks and I was just sad and didn't eat for almost a week because of that I taught for a while I was doing a depression but i went through and my days are a lot brighter now and I was very sensibles for a while and Im still sensible.
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

It was my first year with a boat and the fishing wasn't to bad. I got a lot of great advice from people on this board. Also had the chance to explore alot of new water so hopefully next year the fish will be more consistent for me.