Need to recognize a local (eastern ontario) shop

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Need to recognize a local (eastern ontario) shop

Post by steve-hamilton »

How many times have we heard it just on this board ... i want to go to bass pro, i want to order from the net, i want to go to lebarons...

cause i'll save money!!!

how silly that is....how truly wrong that is!

I've been looking for a 7'2" Shimano Crucial Crankbait rod for quite some time....i couldn't believe how a simple shimano rod could be that hard to find?!

so i find an online american retailer who actually had "one" in stock...but wanted, with shipping, almost 1.5 times the retail cost....and would only ship UPS. I was "THAT" close to pulling the trigger, and buying it, when ..... i thought .... WHAT ABOUT ED?

Paddletales, although I have never been (i live in Hamilton) has always been bass friendly, right? I call Ed, he searches his system, tells me he doesn't have it in stock....well, that wasn't overly surprising, as NO ONE did....

so I said, without any hope in heck, can you order me one? (knowing Shimano Canada was fully out of stock). He said, sure. I said, how? He said he is showing 16 rods available...I WAS IN SHOCK!!!!!

How can that be? All the shops said they couldn't find it...how can ed find 16 of them? well, ed is willing to order from SHIMANO USA, not just Shimano Canada....Shimano Canada has had some stocking issues as of late (try and find a Ci4 stradic for example).

So I tell ed, order me it up!

But then I get a call back, from Ed, he punched in the code wrong on his computer, AND HE HAS 3 IN STOCK?!!!

I sayz - PARDON?!

Yepperz, 3 in stock...not one in Ontario, but ed has THREE?!!!

So I say, you are the ---- man, and order one...

But you can't just let that go unnoticed. So I said, throw on a SHIMANO CALAIS 201A on that order please....cause it would be nice to have a reel for my shiny new crankbait rod....

So the order is made last Friday at 4pm. How the hell Ed did it is beyond me, but the order arrived Yesterday. Tuesday in Hamilton. Monday in Eastern Ontario. $10 bucks for shipping.

Seriously?!

Ed, you are the man!

You were already my hero for our day on Muskrat (Ed and I finished top spot in a fun tournie, and ed caught the biggest bass i've seen in my life)!.

Ed also showed me how to flip and pitch that day.....

Ed, Paddletales, FOLKS - this is the reason you support your local shop. Next time someone can save $15 bucks if they order online, or from bass garbage shop, let me know...i'll send you the 15 bucks, and you can get it from Ed. That way i know one of Ontario's best bass shops will be around for many more years to come.

Oh, by the way, Ed's price on the Rod and on the Reel were the same as BPS - if BPS had it in stock....which of course they didn't. Hell, the guy didn't even know what a Crucial Crankbait rod was at BPS.....But Ed sure did!

Again, Ed, Thanks!

I wish you the absolute best on your upcoming season. And yes, I need to make a trip out there.....
Last edited by steve-hamilton on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Well there you go. Another happy customer.

I've always had super service & advice from Paddletales.

DS
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by High Noon »

Hi All,

Definitely one of the best businesses and gents I have ever dealt with. I picked that very rod up from Ed last year. It is by far I repeat BY FAR my favourite rod in the boat. Yes I like to throw cranks. If I broke it today I would replace it tommorrow. If I could find on that is.

High Noon
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

I like to spread my money around and have made purchases at many different stores. I agree that Ed runs a good business and knows what customer service is all about, and its unfortunate for Ed that E21 Carrot Stix screwed him over for providing excellent customer service.
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

I bought very little from Ed... but when I did ... AWESOME service!!!!
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles
are members of a weird religious cult."
-- Rita Rudner
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Steve: Yer makin me blush :oops: . Really happy that we were able to get you the rod you were looking for. (and kinda happy with the sale too)

Thanks for the kind words.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

I have purchased several items from Ed and I have always had great service.
stclairhound
Participant
Participant

Post by stclairhound »

Thumbs Up! The problem is every one thinks they are gonna save a buck or two goin to a big box store or shoppin the net. Don't forget the little guys. They are are the ones that have your bait too and provide the service when a product has a problem . A happy customer is a repeat customer! When the local bait guy is gone it's your loss. Support your local shops.
hawg hunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hawg hunter »

very good ta here about great service,and i agree with supporting local shops,i myself have never been ta bass pro ill drive anywhere to a bait shop just ta see what else they have,ya never know what you'll find at local shops.

when im up that way in a few weeks ill be stopping in for sure,thanks for the good read..

Hawg Hunter
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Thats excellent to know!

I know of another local tackle shop that is famous for never coming through on even finding out what you want or getting back to you....

Been this way for about 4 years!

I see a trip to Winchester in my future!
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Big Jim
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

CHICKEN SHORTAGE

Post by Big Jim »

Don't know why you guys are all pumped up about Paddletales???

Last two or three times I have dropped in they THEY HAVE NOT HAD ANY CHICKEN/POULET ON HAND :shock: and it is really beginning to make me wonder about Ed's service and just how good it is :shock:

Might try it one last time this evening and see what is going on :D

BIG JIM... Edward C. Puddephat ...I hear good things from people all over Ontario and Quebec man ...looks good on you ...but you really need to address having chicken as a stock item.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Mr Large: The chicken population must be given time to regenerate after one of our doo's, otherwise the numbers would be decimated and we would have eaten through the chicken, duck, crow, and pigeon population and would be relegated to eating deep fried starling by now.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Mmmmmmmm......chicken.

Good on ya Ed. Your customer service is outstanding and recognized by all who cross your path.

Great job!
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

"I want to fry up an Eagle" :shock: :shock: (sung to the
tune of 'Fly Like an Eagle' by the Steve Miller Band :wink: :wink: )

I'll also sing the praises of Ed & Paddletales,
always seek him out at the Carp Show! :D :D
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

Jim, can you provide some insight on Shimano Canada's recent issues with stocking current products?

Seems to be a lot of out of stock items that are still current.