Salmon are on the move up in the North

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
The Nipigon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Salmon are on the move up in the North

Post by The Nipigon »

Good afternoon fellow Fish Hawkers, it's been awhile since I've posted so I thought I'd drop a short note to let you know that the salmon are now moving in. Here's a few pics. Caught flat lining with J-13 Rap Orange and gold. More to follow.

Yes, these guys are just minutes from the house...

Tight Lines 8)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, fishing rod in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!."
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Man!!! I had the chance last summer to move to Terrace BC. It was a job opp, and I turned it down. I should have accepted it. This post has brought back the memory.
You are a lucky man Mr. The Nipigon! :D :) :( :cry: :x :wink: :idea:
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Awesome fish as usual Nipigon!!.....have you guys had a lot of rain??....are the tributaries low like everywhere else?

I'm planning to spend a couple of days in the back lakes next week...if I catch a decent trout, I'll post a pic :wink: 8)
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

beauties!

keep posting these trouts buddy. your the master
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

beauties!

keep posting these trouts buddy. your the master
Salmon, Salmon, Salmon! :o
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

I'm planning to spend a couple of days in the back lakes next week...if I catch a decent trout, I'll post a pic Wink Cool
Hey Steve, I'll be down in the Bay of Quinte for 10 days starting next week. :D
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice salmon man :) .
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Awesome Superior Kings!!
The Nipigon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by The Nipigon »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:Awesome fish as usual Nipigon!!.....have you guys had a lot of rain??....are the tributaries low like everywhere else?

I'm planning to spend a couple of days in the back lakes next week...if I catch a decent trout, I'll post a pic :wink: 8)
Thanks, the rain has been regular, the inland lakes are a bit low still. It has been warm. The brookies or Bows will be holding deep or around spring run offs. Look forward to the pics. Remember any size trout hooked and landed is a good trout and a good day worth a pic.

Good luck...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, fishing rod in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!."
tinman454
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

nice !!

Post by tinman454 »

nice fish!! i see your still hardcore keep it up cheers terry .
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Thanks for the report ! I see your still doing quite well on the fishing :) Keep them coming :lol:
|Dore|
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Nice haul as usu Nipigon.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

Nice lookin' fish!! The first pic -- is that just a few hundred yards downstream of the launch @ Alexander Dam? I was there with my dad about 3 weeks ago and we got skunked (which rarely happens to my dad on the Nipigon River). We figured they maybe hadn't run up that far yet. The water was so shallow that we could not get the tinny past the shoal near the orange Boat Busters, to get into the big back eddy where most of our success comes.

Tight lines!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Way to mix things up from the abundance of bass reports.

Thanks for sharing.
The Nipigon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by The Nipigon »

curls wrote:Nice lookin' fish!! The first pic -- is that just a few hundred yards downstream of the launch @ Alexander Dam? I was there with my dad about 3 weeks ago and we got skunked (which rarely happens to my dad on the Nipigon River). We figured they maybe hadn't run up that far yet. The water was so shallow that we could not get the tinny past the shoal near the orange Boat Busters, to get into the big back eddy where most of our success comes.

Tight lines!
Ya I caught those guy down by the rock island. Was out this evening and wasn't even marking any thing on the sonar...Guess we'll have try in the morning. Did you run up the river from your dad's camp? (Polly)