First Outing, Bay Of Quinte....... X- Mas Day

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ZOOMER2
Participant
Participant

First Outing, Bay Of Quinte....... X- Mas Day

Post by ZOOMER2 »

Hey all, Hope everyone had a good Christmas

I was able to get out on the ice on Christmas Day with my older brother and a couple of his buddies. It was the first time for me this season. They decided to try the south/ East side of the Deseronto Bridge.
We got there around 0230 and headed out carefully. Ice there is between 2-4 inches thick still. We set up and started jiging. An hour goes by and one fish is on the ice, not mine though. :cry: Another hour and my Brother throws one on the ice. and gives me that , haahaa I got first fish look. :x :x :cry: It's getting to around 0430 and I gotta pack up and head home for the Big dinner. Those guys stay behind awhile longer. Well, I get a call from him a couple hours later and he tells me he's just had the Best Fishing of his life. Seems after I left, the sun went down and the eye's move in Big time. He said the 3 of them caught 18 fish in 15 minutes. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: He said everytime they dropped the ling down, BANG another one . Yes, That's just what I wanted to hear. I miss out on that by just 30 minutes. :cry: :cry: :cry: He said , I'm not rubbing it in ,But that was the Best fish of my life. O.K time to cry. I'll get them next time. Promise :lol: :wink:

they are in and they are hungry
Good luck and be careful.
Born in Quinte
Live in Quinte
Fish in Quinte