Rideau near 416

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
samartel
Participant
Participant

Rideau near 416

Post by samartel »

Hey All,

Been wanting to get out on the Rideau to punch some holes and try my luck there. Can anyone tell me any good access points where I can park and walk or be able to get right out on the ice in my truck?

Thanks,
Steve
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

There is a launch at the end of Greenline Rd. Get off 416 at the Dilworth Rd exit and follow this map.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=google+map ... 4&t=h&z=17

I'll keep my thoughts about driving a truck onto waters that have current to myself.....

HTH,
Doug
samartel
Participant
Participant

Post by samartel »

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I saw that on google maps but wasnt sure if I could get to the water from there etc etc.

Yeah, I dont know the Rideau enough to safely and confidently drive out there, so I guess a half - 1km hike is in order.

Steve
Kovalchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by Kovalchuk »

I went to James Bay... lots of trucks and shacks out there. It is a few km's past Hurst Marina on River Rd.

The ice is nice and THICK there!
bait girl
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

rideau river access

Post by bait girl »

What are you looking to catch and what time of day do you plan on fishing?

Stop in at the store and give Dan your info and he can give you a few safe places to access the river by vehicle.

The action has been great this year on the Rideau and the conditions even better!!!

Cheers :wink:
samartel
Participant
Participant

Post by samartel »

I plan on going mid morning most likely. It really doesnt matter what I catch, walley would be ideal, but I really just go for the action :).

Will do! Thanks bait girl. If I get out i'll look for Dan for sure!

Thanks again,
Steve