Outdoors Card

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Outdoors Card

Post by Steady Eddy »

I did not get get it in the mail last year.... Am I now on the hook to buy another one ? I imagine it will be a big brew-ha-ha if I call them. Can I just purchase my tag this year and have them stick it on last years pink slip, as I wanted to be on the an hour ago.....HELP
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
Rico24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rico24 »

Same happened to me! I just bought a new card, since i was in a hurry to go fishing.. Still haven't received any cards yet..
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

You have to buy a new one.......a sticker(tag) cannot be sold to anyone who does not have a valid Outdoors Card.

Do you have an expired card? If so, call Service Ontario and give them the # on the card. They should be able to tell you if they recieved your application.

:)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Outdoors Card

Post by Dore »

Steady Eddy wrote:I did not get get it in the mail last year.... Am I now on the hook to buy another one ? I imagine it will be a big brew-ha-ha if I call them. Can I just purchase my tag this year and have them stick it on last years pink slip, as I wanted to be on the an hour ago.....HELP
You should call and let them know that you did not receive you Outdoors card yet and you want to renew your licence! I say this because I think they charge you for the card and licence the first time you fill out the paper form and then once you receive the card all you have to do is renew the tag that is 10$ give and take less expensive then your prior year as you paid a 10$ fee for the actual outdoor card thats suppose to be valid for 3 calendar years. Why pay it twice if its a mistake on their part ! Hope this helps :D
|Dore|
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Thanks guys. I do have an expired card, and their phone lines do open in 12 mins, so hopefully I wont be on hold too long!

It only took 5mins, card is in the mail. They mailed it and it was'nt returned, so who knows. The only way I can legally fish today is to go buy a 1 day temp. for $9. It's not that I dont have $9, but c'mon....
Steady.

Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Just go on the MNR website and purchase the card and your license online then you get a LEGAL printout until your card comes in the mail. That's what I did on New Years Eve.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I ordered my new 3 year online on the 4th of Jan....received the new card Monday in the mail.

RJ
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

Wowzers RJ... I know what I will be doing Dec 31st 2012 then.
That's almost unbelievable....
Steady.

Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

renewing online is easy. You can print a temp licence too that is valid with your old card until your new one comes in the mail. Took me 2 mins.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Ya I was pretty impressed...I always buy the 3 year...that way I only have to worry about remembering to renew every 3 years instead of every January..... :lol:

I think what happens when you buy a new card in a shop is you are now at the peril of the shop for when they submit them to the MNR....no shop is going to send them in one at a time so they wait until they have a pile then do it....hence the delay....and for what the shops make off selling licenses I don't blame them for one second.

RJ
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Licences sold in any month MUST be submitted by the 23 of the month following. Failure to do so can result in charges and a huge fine. Having said that, we have no control what happens after the forms get to the MNR. I have seen it take as long as 3 months for them to cash the cheque which is a huge pain in the butt for book-keeping. How long for them to go through the forms I don't know.

Licences must be sold in numerical order and any missing #'s must be paid for by the shop. This negates stores pocketting money for sales rather than submitting to the MNR.

Your best course of action is either buy a new one on-line or phone the service ontario number with the information from last years license in hand.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

literally 5 minutes on line to renew Dec 31, AND I printed 4 copies of the temp licence to stick in tackle boxes, glove box on the boats and pocket of the floater suit.

Have been ck'd 3 times on temp all good no issues.. I got the new card on Friday last.
SEOO
Participant
Participant

Post by SEOO »

I moved and they took over a month to send it so i never got it called them complained they took my new address and sent it for free...they dont track there mail if you tell them you never got it they have no way to confirm
snooter
Participant
Participant

Post by snooter »

I also purchased my outdoors card online and printed out the temp. Within 2 weeks I had the card. Its about time they catch up the the times.

Scott