Salt water WIMPS!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Salt water WIMPS!!!

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Sky conditions: Clear
Visibility: 10 miles
Pressure: Low
Outside Temp: 22c
Water temp: 48f

Fish caught......3 small croaker.....

Aparently the fish decided to take a holiday! 4 days of 4 solid hours daily fishing the pier with brined shrimp and salted mulet.

Even the dolphins kept on trucking!

Biggest black drum caught this month on the pier....1lb....YES...1lb!!!

Anyways....it was nice to escape the BS weather here and spent an amazing time with family.

But I did manage to propose on the pier at sunset....so to me I hooked the best catch of all!!!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Salt water WIMPS!!!

Post by fishin mission »

Proposed??? ok can i be the first in line to buy your fishing gear!! :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: Jimmy's done fishing ........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JK..... Congrats mang! :text-+1:
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Sky conditions: Clear
Visibility: 10 miles
Pressure: Low
Outside Temp: 22c
Water temp: 48f

Fish caught......3 small croaker.....

Aparently the fish decided to take a holiday! 4 days of 4 solid hours daily fishing the pier with brined shrimp and salted mulet.

Even the dolphins kept on trucking!

Biggest black drum caught this month on the pier....1lb....YES...1lb!!!

Anyways....it was nice to escape the BS weather here and spent an amazing time with family.

But I did manage to propose on the pier at sunset....so to me I hooked the best catch of all!!!

Congrats Jimmy!

E
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Congrats on the proposal Jimmy. Good for you man.

As for the fishing. You spent 4 hours each day for four days. Hmmm, isn't there a line somewhere about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? :wink:

For sure some freshwater fish are attracted to salt, Lakers especially. But I can't see it being much of an attractant in salt water, or is it just for preservation? Maybe if it was mixed with some garlic or anise or some other commercial attractant it might help for tentative fish. Do any of the locals try that?

Glad you had a good trip.I could tell that some of the members here really missed you. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
GuinnessGuy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GuinnessGuy »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Sky conditions: Clear

Speaking of "doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result".... Congrats if she said "yes".

Ah marriage... Betting someone half your stuff that you will outlive them. Nothing like it!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

FM/Smitty/E: Thanks guys! It was certainly an event we won't forget! Having the dolphins in the background and being alone on the pier was great!
Not to mention the future in-laws arrived shortly afterwards from Florida! We went out to celebrate at a Calabash restaurant and had a really great vacation.

I certainly did land my best catch ever lads!

FM: As for selling gear....hmmmm. I might be thining out the collection somewhat this season. Weddings aint cheap ya know! :wink:

As for the other comment. That's the most dinkish comment ever!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

If you want or are interested here is a link to the pier's website.
It also boasts to have king mackerel as a fishable species.

http://www.apachefamilycampground.com/pier.php