white lake snow depth

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smokercraft
Participant
Participant

white lake snow depth

Post by smokercraft »

Hey guys... just wondering if anyone knows whether White Lake is still driveable with 4x4 or if the snow depth is too much? Cheers
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: white lake snow depth

Post by Doug »

Got tracks? :wink:

I don't know about White Lake but down here around Kingston the snow depth is such that ATV travel is done on most lakes. A truck with lifts and big tires might still navigate - but now slush is going to be a concern because of the snow weight on the ice.

Sorry I can't tell you about White Lake in particular.............

Doug
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

I agree with Doug, even with the tracks on my ATV I got stuck in the slush yesterday, good thing I was only for a joy ride around the lake about 50 feet from shore. Was able to get the winch line hooked up and get out of it. Back tracking home, all of the 30 minute old tracks were full of slush.

Snowmobiler's will disagree, but we need a 3 or 4 day thaw with a bunch of rain and then a quick freeze up again.
clint
Participant
Participant

Post by clint »

I can't speak for white lake but we aren't seeing any slush on Mississippi lake yet. I was out after work today in my jeep and saw 4 trucks and an suv out there.
That being said it's getting close to being too much snow. All powder in this area so I can still blow through it but if that changes it will be snowmobile or walking only.
Jason Daoust
Participant
Participant

Post by Jason Daoust »

Still driving my truck on the Ottawa river in arnprior no slush here last night
Of all the liars in the world fishermen are the most trustworthy!