Mystery Tackle Box

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BassHunterOttawa
Participant
Participant

Mystery Tackle Box

Post by BassHunterOttawa »

So, I heard some pretty positive things about Mystery Tackle Box last year and I thought I'd try one out this year.

Here's a pic of what they sent me - a variety of rubber crayfish, some hooks to gear them up, a new jig and a crankbait. I never really fish with plastics, so I'm looking forward to giving them a try. A spot I fish near Peterborough is crawling with crayfish in the early season.

For $20 I think it's pretty good value, and I like getting random gear that let's me learn new stuff. They gave me a card too for a discount on the first box, if anyone is interested. I don't think I'm going to get another one this year, but I'll go for a subscription next year.
Attachments
The whole kit and kaboodle
The whole kit and kaboodle
IMG_20150601_191217 (Large).jpg (372.42 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
Discount card
Discount card
IMG_20150602_193745 (Large).jpg (289.37 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
BassHunterOttawa
Participant
Participant

Re: Mystery Tackle Box

Post by BassHunterOttawa »

I should also say that I am in no way affiliated with Mystery Tackle Box or anything - I just saw some that other anglers were posting last year and that's what let me trust I wasn't going to get ripped off, and I had an idea of what's in them. Just paying that sentiment forward.
Frameboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Frameboy »

I was looking at that last week too... think I may get a 6 month sub for my son for his birthday in August... by the time spring rolls around he will have a bunch of new tackle.
Malyon18
Participant
Participant

Post by Malyon18 »

I received a year long subscription for Christmas and have been pleased so far, started it off with some of the ice boxes and am now receiving the bass boxes. I have taken pics of all the boxes in hopes of posting them here eventually lol. Almost halfway through the sub and I have yet to post them, will try to get around to it this week sometime