Calicos and Greasers.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Calicos and Greasers.....

Post by RJ »

Busy week just past with a couple trips now in the books. Every now and then usually while enjoying a drink with Birdee on the back deck at the house it really hits me. The fishing in Eastern Ontario is pretty damn good, that's quite an understatement really.

A few Crappie trips that led to over 100 Crappies gracing us each day including some real Hubcaps.

Treated the two fellas that took me Crappie fishing for the first time about 12 years ago...they created a monster.

Up next was 2 days on Lakers on Lake Ontario. Wow..wow..wow!

My buddy Ryan from Pennsylvania sent me an email over the winter asking about getting his Dad up for a couple days on the big lake for some Laker fun. Dates were picked and plans in place. Now we wait on the weather forecast with a Plan B in place somewhat…

No Plan B needed! We lucked into beautiful weather and light winds.

At the end of the 2 days I think we were all wore out! I know the Lakers were. There's a full report on my site here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... esome-fun/

Here's a taste of the good stuff including the biggest Laker to ever grace my boat...

OINK.

We decided to do one more pass....one rod fires....then another..then another...then another. A QUAD to wrap up two amazing days on the lake. Flipped the first one off and slid three of them in the livewell for this photo then slid em back home.

What's next? Some Carp trips...Gar trips...Laker trips......oh and then Bass opens.... :lol:

RJ
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Calicos and Greasers.....

Post by plowjock »

You've sure had some great success recently. Congrats.
Those two old dudes from the Muppet show have sure caught their share of Calicos or strawberry bass.
I'm still plugging away, putting in time for October and November.
Tight lines.
CBB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CBB »

Man you slayed the fish RJ and them are slab crappies for sure. Congrats and great write up with pics
Lvace
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lvace »

Those are not crappie those are hubcaps :shock: And those are some nice lakers!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Some nice catches RJ!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Trophyhunter
Participant
Participant

Post by Trophyhunter »

great catches RJ , but best of all are the memories you have had a hand in createing , like the saying goes "pay it forward" those young lads are the future of our sport , a great teacher will make great students good for you , my hats off Dude ! :D
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Great fishin all around. Always putting smiles on anglers faces, awesome.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Trophyhunter wrote:great catches RJ , but best of all are the memories you have had a hand in createing , like the saying goes "pay it forward" those young lads are the future of our sport , a great teacher will make great students good for you , my hats off Dude ! :D
As regular clients a couple times a year I get a kick out of watching the kids grow up, respectful fun to be with kids. Heck I follow one of them on Instagram.. :lol:

RJ
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Just another few days in the lund bud.

Those crappies are unreal, and the lakers.. well you know as well as I do. You made the right call.

The most impressive part of this report is the fact that the ole fella held out so long in that dead heat Saturday. That was some hot out there with no breeze.

Keep on slaying, putting smiles on faces, and sending me way points!!! lol
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.