iroquois and area

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
kevinv
Participant
Participant

iroquois and area

Post by kevinv »

Was out for a drive along the 2 between Cardinal and Iroquois, and was wounder if the Galop Canal has any good fishing? Not looking for an exact spot, just looking for a place to go with the kids this summer for some shore fishing. Seen a dead end side road where we have stopped for Geocaching, and was wondering.

Also is there fishing allowed in Morrisburg around where the boat launch is along the shore? Seems like a very popular rest stop.

Not looking for anything big. More for the kids to say they were out, and got something.
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Re: iroquois and area

Post by gatekeeper »

That stretch of canal good for Large & Smallmouth, Perch,Sunnies,Pike. I've caught'm all along there,but,from boat. Average depth in middle 16'.
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Re: iroquois and area

Post by kevinv »

Thanks for the private messages, and online. Another place I can now add to take the kids out, sort of like my Grandfather and father did with me.

I also want to say thank you to all on fish hawk for being helpful, and willing to give advice on locations. That is a big plus for this group. We who are getting back in, are looking for pointers. And also to the few that give advice on areas. That is always helpful.

Kevin and family