What are your ice fishing plans?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

What are your ice fishing plans?

Post by RJ »

Not that open water season is over yet....

but what are everyone plans for locations and targetted fish for the winter?...just curious...

Myself I'll probably hit the ice a few times with some Hawkers...for anything that will bite... :lol: :lol:

RJ
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Crappy, pearch, Walleye and a few Pike down at Petrie....
Everyone is Welcome to the PBL!
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

I'll be out everyday for crappie, but will probably get what I got all last winter - skunked. Oh and occasionally I will hit the bay for perch.. once again with the skunking. Maybe Markus will be nice and put me on some perch for a day.. :lol:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI RJ

I am looking forward to go at gatineau boom for some walley and pike and perch,,,,,,,,,,very good before chrismas,,,,,,usely,when there some ice :( ,,,,,,,,,,its a place betwen gatineau and hull across the rideau falls
last year went there on the 26 dec ........3 pike no walley ,,,,,,,

I will go in caselman at the nation river nice walley there to,,,,,,right at the cross where the nation river and the castor river join together,,,,,
very good spot,,,,,,,

and try to go some ice tornement ........

joco 8)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I've heard about that tournament Joco....maybe a bunch of Hawkers will attend!

RJ
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

I have not asked him yet by my plans are to spunge off Bacon and some others taht are open for company. Beside for Bacon now one Pearch is a meal. :wink:

Actually with the new arrival I am lucky if I get out once this winter.
SkeinMachine
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SkeinMachine »

Inland lakes here in Cambridge,once there's a couple inches(hopefully by New Yr's-Crappie,Perch,Pike & Eyes).

Once Simcoe(Cooks Bay) is solid enough,jumbo's are the target.

Main lake is safe,Whitey's and Laker's,out deep.

I pulled the gas auger out of the garage,fired her up on sunday afternoon,nice looks from the neighbour's!!!!

Bring it on jack frost 8)
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Anyone tell me the best place on the mississippi with easy access, dont matter what i catch as long as i get out.
:?:
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

We'll have two shacks out on Buckhams Bay this year, catching eyes, sauger, pike, crappie, and ling. I'll also hit the Calabogie area lots for specs and a couple trips to Bark Lake for some nice Lakers.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Anyone is welcome to use my shack at Petrie this year. Just find Bacon's Pork Belly Lodge and mine will be the shoddily-constructed one right next door... :lol: Come on ice ... earliest I ever made it out was back in the early 90s - December 10th on about 3 inches of glare ice. It was mind-numbingly scary when a crack would shoot along the ice from between my feet to my buddy's... I remember just shaking it off and we kept pulling slab crappies out one after the other after the other... ahhh... the good ol days!

bucket
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Slushpup and I will probably be on Shirley's Bay for 'eyes and Constance Lake for some northerns. Would also like to try some lakes for trout.
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

I'll make a couple visits to Bacon's PBL and maybe even try to set something up at the cottage on the Ottawa River in Québec.

But other than that.... my winter plans are skiing and snowmobiling!!
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

Buying new one man shelter and will be looking to move around and try some new spots this year , hopfully will get out with some more hawk-talkers this year
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

The shack's going out on Buckhams or Constance Bay - targetting whatever bites - anything through the ice is a bonus. Probably some day trips wx permitting to some other spots.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Muskiemagnet wrote:We'll have two shacks out on Buckhams Bay this year, catching eyes, sauger, pike, crappie, and ling. I'll also hit the Calabogie area lots for specs and a couple trips to Bark Lake for some nice Lakers.
I know where I'll be this year :wink:

But I will have to make the trek out to Petrie a few times too! After all, seems like the majority of HT'ers are out there..