Blakeney

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Blakeney

Post by bobfly »

I am pleased to announce that I had a great time tonight at the bottom of the rapids. I've fished there a few times this year with no success but tonight I landed 5 bass, 2 of which were around 2# in about 30 minutes. All on the "Randy Taylor Special", that is, a bead head caddis with green- gold crystal chenille body and a ginger malibou tail (the same fly that caught the bows at Lower Twin).

As an experiment I put on a 7wt sinking line on my 9wt rod and I could cast a "mile'. So disregard my comments on the other thread about rods and lines always being within one number.

bobfly :roll:
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bobfly »

Dropped by again this evening and got a 2ft pike, the first of the year! Unfortunately, I lost the fly on the next cast. Lesson #354,990: when making a new fly pattern that is awesome, make 2!!!! Anyway it was on a brown wooley bugger varient.

bobfly :lol:
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Bob,

Glad to hear you're having some luck in the tailouts. I'm surprised you haven't hooked into any eyes. I'll have to try to get back there before the weather gets too cold.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bobfly »

The water has been very low lately. I think we have only a couple of days left. I'll report if I go over the bridge tomorrow.

bobfly