Lower Twin Again

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lower Twin Again

Post by bobfly »

On Saturday, I thought I would take the small window of weather this weekend and go to Lower Twin as I've had some of my best fishing there this year. Sure enough I landed seven bows, all small but the water is cold and they fought real good. I had numerous hits, all at the far end, interestingly in the middle of the lake. So don't give up on the season yet, there is still plenty of flyfishing left!

Met another fisher there who said Upper Twin and Scully were very good right after ice-out, so I think I will try and get there early next year.

bobfly :D
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

good to hear ya had some action with the bows :D
What did you get em' on?
yff
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bobfly »

I used my regular combo of heavily weighted black wooley bugger with a gold cone followed by green caddis gold bead head, also weighted. This time both were been hit. I think the gold attracts them. I tried other combos but this on is the only one that worked. I had my canoe this time and got blown around pretty good, so I'll have to get an electric motor as my hands are on the paddle rather than the rod. Pretty exciting to hear the whine of the reel though.

bobfly :P
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

Hey Bobfly, have you ever tried fishing from a float-tube? I find tubes much more manoeuverable and stable than canoes (lighter to transport, too!). I've fished the Twins from tube and have never really had any problems due to wind.
Time's fun when you're having flies.