Help with Fly fishing line....

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Sherriff
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Help with Fly fishing line....

Post by Sherriff »

Just picked up this Crystal River combo the other day. Can now keep a rod and a few pieces of tackle in the truck just in case.

So, since I have never tried fly fishing, thought I may give it a try. What would be a good line to start out with as a beginner? I assume there are as many options as spinning gear for line....

Also, can anyone suggest a good site for tips and tricks of the trade for fly fishing. Would really like to learn about this.

THanks in advance..

Fishface
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

What wieght line is the rod rated for???
Sherriff
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sherriff »

What wieght line is the rod rated for???
You know what Moosebunk, I have no idea. Only thing I know it that it is a 7 foot rod. Will look and see if there are any notes on the rod.

Fishface
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Are there 2 fishfaces from Hamilton? Are you the same fishface that posts on NFN and PKF?
Sherriff
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sherriff »

Same one Markus.

There's so many people out there on different forums and I need all the info I can get to continue learning for my fishing addiction I have. So I am trying to post to all three. OFN, FishHawk and XAA....

Lots of great info and experience around.

As you know, some forums are more serious then others.

Fishface