Steel

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
tim_pinnell
Participant
Participant

Steel

Post by tim_pinnell »

Hi to everyone and a happy safe holiday to you and your families. This is my first post here at fish-hawk. On the weekend I fished an erie trib for my favorite fish, steel. The scenery was great, Lady, my yellow lab always enjoys herself as I do and we were rewarded with some very nice fish. The clear conditions had the bite on the slow side but our persistence and leaky waders, cold feet, paid off. Gotta get them waders patched up with some Aqua Seal. There calling for mild and rainy temps through the holidays which could make for some good fishing. It's been a great fall of fishing. Looking forward to swapping tales and helping anyone out who ventures down this way in their travels. Tim
Born to Pin
Participant
Participant

Post by Born to Pin »

Great report Tim. Thanks for sharing!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Great report Tim!!!! :D To bad bout the leaky boot, but heck your a die hard!!!

Look forward to some reports, and I plan to make a Erie run or 2 in the upcoming month or 2 :D If East is Froze, I'll make the drive :wink:

Look forward to sharin a drift!!!!

Maybe we can snaek BTP in for a run too :D

F.F
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

Hey Tim Welcome aboard. I have read some of your trip fishing reports on another board, You should have a few of the people salivating here :D
I hope to catch you on o the creeks tribs some time. :D
Born to Pin
Participant
Participant

Post by Born to Pin »

You got it FF :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Sounds good!
tim_pinnell
Participant
Participant

Steel

Post by tim_pinnell »

Thanks for welcoming me fellow die-hards. I can only fish the 23rd,24th, 26th,27th,28th,29th,30th,31st and 1st. I got to miss the 25th but I can live without floating for one of those days,lol. If you's are down this way and want to share some nice scenery and drifts don't hesitate to let me know. There's one, big fish, really big fish, well it was a big fish. Tim
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Might be leavin Ottawa on the 29th for a day or 2 :D

Tim I'll pm ya to let you know!!!

And BTP expect one from me too :wink:

F.F
tim_pinnell
Participant
Participant

Steel

Post by tim_pinnell »

Sounds good Floatfishin, I'm tying lots of leaders this morning, respooling line on my pin and spincast, scraping skein in anticipation of the upcoming steel headed our way. There's one, big fish, really big fish, well it was a big fish. Yeah I know, I'm nuts about steel and the great outdoors. Looking forward to sharing a few hundred drifts to-gether. tim_pinnell@hotmail.com
aniceguy
Participant
Participant

kev

Post by aniceguy »

Hey Kev
If your into a states side trip drop me a ding on msn and we I ll take you down sometime over the holidays.
Born to Pin
Participant
Participant

Post by Born to Pin »

Sounds good FF! :wink:
tim_pinnell
Participant
Participant

Post by tim_pinnell »

A good buddy of mine and myself fished a local trib hard yesterday. We were rewarded and each of us went 2/3. The creek had great color and is on the rise. Today should be fishable in the upper stretches but I'm guessing the concessions closer to the lake will be dirty for a few days. Scenery was great and the company was great too. Man I love this winter steel heading. Should be lots of happy people out to-day trying out their new toys from Santa. Hope everyone had a good Christmas . Well gotta go and tie up some fresh skein. I'm hooking up with a person from another board who has asked me to show him the basics of steelheading as he's never done it before. If the fish are co-operating he should have a good chance at hooking up with a fish or two. I'll post results later this evening. Take care everyone and stay safe. Tim
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

Lol Tim you being nasty again. :lol: Giving another person an addiction to float fishing. :lol:
tim_pinnell
Participant
Participant

Post by tim_pinnell »

Crash, you hit it right on the money my friend. I took him out and after only 5 minutes he got smoked by a beauty. That's all he could say or talk about after that. The next day I check my mail and he wants to go again. The look on his face said it all when that fish taught him a lesson. I was impressed with how quick he picked up what I was telling him and for a rookie he was reading the water very well. He will be a good steelheader. No doubt about it. I hope his wife is very understanding when he starts spending the bucks on rods and reels and the likes. Tim