Gladdings 3 in 1 Aerofloat

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Gladdings 3 in 1 Aerofloat

Post by Jigs »

Hi and Happy New Year:

Has anyone tried the Gladdings line. CTC has just stocked some at a reasonable price compared to the 444, and I need some line for the new 5 wt. outfit.........??

Any info appreciated.

Jigs.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fly line

Post by Jigs »

OK:

So no one has tried Gladdings.

Any other economical fly line out there anyone could tell me about??

:roll:

Stand in line, no shoving please, not all at once now :!: :!:

:shock:
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

lol remember......"the line makes the rod"so going cheap might not be the best idea. I use wonderline and scientific anglers weight forward line. Both lines have improved my casting abilities compared to orvis streamside and cheap CT line. but theyre not cheap :!:

good luck,see you at the swamp :lol:

mike
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

lol remember......"the line makes the rod"so going cheap might not be the best idea. I use wonderline and scientific anglers weight forward line. Both lines have improved my casting abilities compared to orvis streamside and cheap CT line.

good luck,see you at the swamp :lol:

mike
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

line

Post by Jigs »

Thanks YFF:

Thanks for reminding me. The cheapest is probably not the best bargain.
Confucius say. I forgot.

I could probably get DOWN that hill. :oops: Getting up would be the adventure.

We shall see what shape I'm in come spring.

Regards:

Jigs.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

LOL bringing our canoe down was a 3 man job don't think it's possible alone.....lol its very moist and mossy watch out for soakers lol had to learn that the hard way 8)
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

I'm always amused by people who are so passionate about fly fishing, yet try to do it on the cheap. Don't get me wrong, there are bargains out there, but flyline, when properly maintained, will last several seasons. So what if it costs $60-$70! There are lots of really good lines from SA, Cortland, Orvis, etc at this price point.

My 2 cents....which I got at a very good discount, I might add. :lol:
Time's fun when you're having flies.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

fly line

Post by Jigs »

Glad I keep you amused Fishboy :?

Glad you had those positive comments. Use bargain line.......save money.....so far so good......tie my own flies........save money.......so far so good; but Jeez it's been good to hear from ya, casting your pearls of knowledge upon swine.

From what I've read Gladdings is pretty good line, and never read anything regarding rocket science with you as the author.

Maybe you should try that good Russian line..........Fokkovv.

Jigs.
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

Jigs,

I understand why you are upset at my post. It wasn't intended as a personal insult and I apologize for any offence.

The Russian line joke was pretty good, though..... : :lol:
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Jigs,

I put some feelers out to see if I could get a product review of the line for you.

On a side note, if you're not going to need the line till the spring, the Carp Fishiing show is great place to find some good deals. With a little negotiating you can pick up a nice reel with a quality line for a reasonable price.

Cheers,
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Lookinforlunkers
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ouch

Post by Lookinforlunkers »

Fishboy I think you hit a nerve
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

Lookinforlunkers,

Don't remind me! :oops:

I felt so badly about it because my intention was not to insult Jigs. My post was written early in the morning before my coffee. I was musing about people like me who love fishing but who also want good prices. With flyfishing, the two are sometimes so hard to put together. I know, I own a few rods, reels, lines, tubes, etc. :roll:

Just so you are all aware, I PM-ed a personal apology to Jigs and he was gracious enough to accept.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Jigs,

I've had no success in finding anyone that has used the Gladdings line. That coupled with the fact that you can only find ebay listings for the line when you do a web search should probably raise warning flags about it's potential quality. You might be better off going with an entry level line from Cortland, Scientific Anglers, etc.

Cheers,
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."