Wilmot steelhead run?

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Wilmot steelhead run?

Post by 1lastcast »

Anyone been fishing the wilmot or granny area creeks lately? Im plaining a trip for this weekend with some friends. Any reports would be great.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Gonna be tough to get any info budd :wink:

No one that I Know, will offer reports on any specific Cr.

Watch the weather is all I can add on an open forum.

Send me a pm :wink:

F.F
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

I can see why people dont post as to conditions.

That place sure gets a lot of fishing pressure. It was shoulder to shoulder today. Still a nice place to fish. But im finding it hard to get used to fishing with so many others fishing so close to me.

Seen a little garbage there though. I really wish people wouldent litter. Next time i might take a bag with me and pick some of it up on my way back to the truck. Its funny how some people dont think twice of tossing a emty coffie cup or drink can on the ground. I know most reel die hard outdoors people dont do these kinds of things. But i hate to see it.

The underspin reel dident work very well for me. I think that either the line weight was to small for the reel. Or I dident have a full spool of line. Id still like to get my hands on a float reel.

As for fish. well i did catch 2. But i have yet to go to batal with a large steelhead. My friends have all caught some large fish. But i have yet to land one. I guess thats why they call it this fishing and not catching.

Im sure I'll be FISHING again next weekend. wish me luck.
Born to Pin
Participant
Participant

Post by Born to Pin »

Great report 1lastcast!
About the garbage..too many PIGS out there :evil:

Good luck to you bud!
:D