mosque lake

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
whtwolf
Participant
Participant

mosque lake

Post by whtwolf »

I found this lake on google maps and apperantly there is only trout in the lake. Rainbow trout, brook trout and lake trout, The fishing for the rainbow and brook trout are open all year. Has anybody gone to this lake and tried fishing or fly fishing, I was thinking of making a day trip up to the lake or an evenning trip right after work. The lake is located 1.5 hours away from ottawa and is said to be very clean.
Last edited by whtwolf on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mosquito
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mosquito »

Probably Mosque lake, not Moaque lake...
whtwolf
Participant
Participant

Post by whtwolf »

yes you are correct my spelling mistake.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Chris,

Always best to check the regs. My research indicates that Mosque L. is in Division 29. As such, only Rainbow Trout is open year round. Brook trout closes on Sept 30th and Lakers on Sept 8th.
mosquito
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mosquito »

try to search this site on "mosque" - you will be pleasantly surprized how much information you can get
whtwolf
Participant
Participant

Post by whtwolf »

You're right I was looking at a wrong division. At least I still have to the end of sept, with that in mind I will have to go Tuesday morning and fish for the day. If anyone is interested let me know maybe we can arrange a place to meet.

Chris
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

Hey Chris

you got my curiosity up. I haven't fly fished in more years than I care to say, but I love to explore new trout water. Do you know if there is a ramp to launch a small boat?

Thanks
Billy Bones :D :D
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Most of the roads/trails in that area are crown land and a few years ago, the North Frontenac Township made an agreement with MNR that they would maintain the roads by charging a fee to use them.....

The road to Mosque is one of these....the roads and lakes are checked regularly by ATV bylaw officers and if you do not have a road permit on your windshield they will FINE YOU!!!! :evil: :evil:

You can't even pitch a tent on most of those lakes because they are now deemed as "permit only" campsites.

This is the main reason I stopped fishing up in the Ompah/Plevna district!! Paying to use crown land??
whtwolf
Participant
Participant

Post by whtwolf »

I found a lodge on the lake and I am going to give them a call to see if I can rent a boat from them and enjoy a day of fishing. If it really nice I was hoping to go back the weekend before the end of the month and rent a cambin from the lodge for a weekend with my wife. Before I drive up I will give them a call so I don't wast my time and get there and I can't even fish.
Gramps
Participant
Participant

Post by Gramps »

" You can't even pitch a tent on most of those lakes because they are now deemed as "permit only" campsites.

This is the main reason I stopped fishing up in the Ompah/Plevna district!! Paying to use crown land??
Gramps
Participant
Participant

Post by Gramps »

Trouthunter said:

"This is the main reason I stopped fishing up in the Ompah/Plevna district!! Paying to use crown land??"

Same reason that I stopped fishing that area as well. It is good to see that I am not the only one who does not agree with charging to use crown land. It is starting to look like they want to make that area a park!

Maybe those of us who disagree with charging to use crown land should get together and do something about it.

Whtwolf I am sorry if this is off topic. Good luck and I hope you have a great time fishing at Mosque Lake.

Gramps
whtwolf
Participant
Participant

Post by whtwolf »

Not a problem. I have never paid to drive on a crown land road before and I agree with you that it is a stupid idea by the way how much is the fee for using such a road? I am planning on trying this lake once since it isn't to far of a drive from Ottawa for fishing Rainbow trout. If anyone can inform me of another lake that I can drive to and rent a boat for rainbow trout fishing I am all ears. 8)
Gramps
Participant
Participant

Post by Gramps »

The fee for a day permit is $8. Here is a link to their website that shows all the fees. Notice the name consist of the word parklands, hmm!

http://www.northfrontenacparklands.com/

That is the only rainbow lake that I know of that you can rent a boat from, all the others have access to launch a boat but no outfitter/lodge.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

NOTE: If you buy a permit on-line it will cost you $11 for additional admin fees :twisted: :twisted:
Gramps
Participant
Participant

Post by Gramps »

Lovely!

I guess someone has to pay for the fancy website :evil:
I forgot to mention it only works in explorer.