2003 Princecraft Starfish DXL w/ 40hp efi Merc 4 stroke

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
78almostfamous
Participant
Participant

2003 Princecraft Starfish DXL w/ 40hp efi Merc 4 stroke

Post by 78almostfamous »

I'm looking at this package with a galvanized trailer....the original package basically. It also has the Biminni top.

Can anyone offer advice on this boat / motor, and what they think the price should be. It's in good condition, and ready to hit the water, sold by a dealer where it was originally purchased and maintained. The motor has 1 year of warranty left.

I'd like to jump at the deal, but can't find much (any) info when researching.

Thanks.
78almostfamous
Participant
Participant

Post by 78almostfamous »

I should mention the dealership is asking $8900, which seams more than reasonable from what I can tell.

Because I can't find any reviews for these models / years, I'm a little skeptical as to why a dealer is selling so reasonable. I need to act now if the price is right, but don't want to make a mistake.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Did you find out the price of a new boat. The strfish DLX is still in production. There maybe dealers incentives available that could reduce the costs.

Checking the NADA guides an 03 starfish with a 40 4stroke merc efi runs between 5900$ and 6600$ depending if the motor has lectric strta and power tilt and trim.

8900 seems a little high for a 5 year old boat. Any warranty. what does the motor look like? bent prop? chipped prop? chipped skeg? etc

If you are not sure - don't jump into it. Another deal will come along
78almostfamous
Participant
Participant

Post by 78almostfamous »

The dealer sells the current 2008 model too. It's around 15k ++.
The 2003 is in very good condition....all options like electric start, power tilt, fish finder, live well etc etc.

I can only find one comparible, which is a 2001, same everything except the motor. That one has a honda instead of a merc, and buddy is asking $12,500.

So that's what I'm trying to find out. Are these great boats that are hard to find used, and really hold their value?????????
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Sounds like an awsome deal to me...............I bought a 2007 yukon dlx
with 25 merc four stroke and paid right around what you would pay for
the one your looking at.

P.S. Absolutely love it, handles beautifully etc etc
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

What dealer has this boat ?

I will go buy it on Saturday if you don't.
stclairhound
Participant
Participant

Post by stclairhound »

I just traded my Princecraft 178 on a new Starcraft Islander. Mine had the Bimini, 90 HP Evinrude power lift, 90 lb minkota bowmount, trailer with spare, 2 fishfinders, Garmin GPS , 2 livewells, stereo,fitted cover, and timer switches for the live wells. He's asking 16,900. for it.
78almostfamous
Participant
Participant

Post by 78almostfamous »

Thanks for the advice. I'm feeling much better about going for this boat. I hope it's still available.