Mr Heater Problem?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Mr Heater Problem?

Post by 1lastcast »

OK another Mr. Heater Problem for ya guys?

The last time out we had a lot of top water around the holes. Heater was sitting in maybe 2" of water? It was on the whole time no troubles. It then sat in the truck for 2 days and I have not been able to start it after?

I even brought it indoors and have used compressed air to try to clean out the pilot light area? It seemed to help a little as it would light the pilot but quickly go out? this was indoors no wind and sitting level?

Could it have water in the line? Or is something else wrong?

thanks
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

When you push down on pilot knob and you press the ignition, hold the Pilot knob down for a little while. Dont let go of the knob right away when you see the small flame.

Anthony
Northamfishing Tackle
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

just let the pilot light run for a while. maybe 5 minutes and then try turning it up. If you think moisture or water got in via the pilot light, blow the air through the system with compressed air from the tank side with the knob turned to high ( so the air comes through)
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

Ok I'll try that today. The pilot only stays on for a quick sec. Even when you keep the button pushed down without releasing it???

Iv also heard a sort of whistle sound coming from the pilot after blowing it out with compressed air?
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

I had the same problem with mine. Last year it was working fiine when I put it away, this winter it was doing almost the same thing as yours.

Never got it going, the nozzle was somehow seized. I sourced out the replacement part, it was listed at $1.97USD but had issues trying to order it.

So I bought another heater and will try to order the part again.

I can send you the link if you like and you can see if you have better luck ordering that I did.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

I think it may be a regulater issue? I removed the regulater and used compressed air to blow out the system. I have also ordered a new part from mr. heater via the net. It is working a little better now. But still not 100% the high setting is more like low. But its heat! No place in Ktown sells These heaters. so im S.O.L until I can fix this thing.
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

When you say you had it inside, did you have it at room temp for a couple days?

If I even leave mine in the garage overnight, it seems to freeze up on me now and won't start. I have to bring it in to thaw......
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

Yes I had the heater inside for 2 days while I was trying to fix the prob. I know that before this happend I had connected a 5lbs remote tank to the heater. Although it worked fine. I think not having a filter caused the lines to clog up and maybe the regulator valve too? I now have a filter and hope that after installing a new regulator it will work again. if not it will be a pile of parts. lol.
Frazman
Participant
Participant

Post by Frazman »

1lastcast wrote:I think it may be a regulater issue? I removed the regulater and used compressed air to blow out the system. I have also ordered a new part from mr. heater via the net. It is working a little better now. But still not 100% the high setting is more like low. But its heat! No place in Ktown sells These heaters. so im S.O.L until I can fix this thing.
I have seen them in Princess Auto, Northway Hardware in Inverary & Canadian Tire. Give them a call, I'm sure someone could order a part for
you if needed..

I have the 4,000/9,000/18,000 BTU/HR
My manual for mine recommends a filter.

Mr. Heater strongly recommends using disposable fuel filter F273699, which connects to tank swivel on heater to trap any oil substances
when connected to a remote cylinder that can make the heater inoperable.

Here is a link scroll through it and download your manual if you don't have one for yours..

http://www.mrheater.com/productmanuals.asp

Good Luck

Fraz
Give a man a fish, feed him for the day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime ------<III><