Local store to purchase ignition coils?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Local store to purchase ignition coils?

Post by Dutchydr »

Hey folks, anyone know of a good spot in the Ottawa area to purchase ignition coils for an outboard?... Most places need to order them and I was hoping to find some one that may have them in stock.

Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Dutchy.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

When I went on my search for parts recently, I found *some* things in stock in some stores, but I had to do a lot of hunting around, and ran into the problem of desk clerks not wanting to (or unable to) go the extra inch (never mind mile!). When one place did not have a carb kit, (and they said that they did over the phone!) the guy expected me to find part numbers for every gasket and seal in the kit for him THEN he would order them. I drove an hour out from the farm for that?!

It was for an Evinrude and they were Evinrude dealers!!!! (Not like I was looking for an Elgin stator at an Evinrude dealership!!)

That was the last straw for me.

I ordered on line from here: http://www.marinemanifold.com

Even with shipping, it was cheaper than any place in the Ottawa/Gatineau area. I didn't have to deal with a clerk, and it was easy to find the pieces that I needed.

I ordered the Sunday night, got them all by Tuesday afternoon.

Good luck!

Craig
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Depending on the year of the outbaord, you can normally order a part and have it delivered to the dealer within 24hrs...

I ordered a coil for my Honda 5HP from a Honda dealer in Kanata last week on a Thursday morning and they called Friday morning to let me know it was in...
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Post by Dutchydr »

Thanks for the info fellas!

What dealer did you order from in Kanata?
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

I am all for supporting local... really I am... and I do whenever I can.... but I am not made of $$ and have to save often for what I need.

recently I needed a stator (generator) for my merc outboard... I was quoted $541.00 + taxes ($616)locally, I ordered and received a brand new one from Ebay for ~$280.00 after DUTY, SHIPPING and conversion (that's less than 50%)..... just installed it today and it works GREAT!

Thought you should know in case yours are expensive.
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles
are members of a weird religious cult."
-- Rita Rudner
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Post by Dutchydr »

Yeah I know what your saying, between buying outboard and truck parts..it is crazy to see the price differance between local shops and online retailers.

Although the place that CPrince provided the link to is at least a Canadian store...looks like thats the place I may order from as they have not only the coils I need but a complete ignition tune-up kit. All at a much lower cost than I have found in the Ottawa Valley area.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Dutchydr wrote:Thanks for the info fellas!

What dealer did you order from in Kanata?
The Honda dealer in Kanata beside the ScotiaBank place.....(where all the car dealerships are)
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Dutchydr wrote:Yeah I know what your saying, between buying outboard and truck parts..it is crazy to see the price differance between local shops and online retailers.

Although the place that CPrince provided the link to is at least a Canadian store...looks like thats the place I may order from as they have not only the coils I need but a complete ignition tune-up kit. All at a much lower cost than I have found in the Ottawa Valley area.
The head office is in BC, but my parts were shipped from Ontario... I think in Ajax... not sure... (getting old!)

Craig
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

jiggy
Participant
Participant

parts - sierra

Post by jiggy »

NAPA carriers outboard parts (sierra).
You can search the part number online on the web and give them a call for a price, usually parts come in within the next 2 business days.

for small parts, i think its best to order from them & local pick up.
crankbearing
Participant
Participant

Post by crankbearing »

I can get you any sierra parts you need overnight, I stock most impellers, waterpump kits, tune-up kits, plugs, 2&4 stroke oil and filters, Water Separator filters and kits, If I do not have it NOS oem Merc or OMC. I have alot of old merc and omc NOS parts as well.
I usually keep opti Plugs in stock as well but at 20-24$ a plug that can get rich Quick.

I did not want to post out of line either guys, I have submitted my order form to become a paid site supporter so will try and get that done this week so it's all legit - :D

rgds,

Dave
Last edited by crankbearing on Sat May 22, 2010 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Scott
Ottawa Canada
IN-line Mercs are the Best.
Dutchydr
Participant
Participant

Post by Dutchydr »

Oredered my parts yesterday from marine manifold..they arrived today. I will be in need of more parts shortly so I will be in to see you Dave.