marine carpet

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Codysouth9
Participant
Participant

marine carpet

Post by Codysouth9 »

Hey everyone, im looking to replace the carpet in my boat. Does anyone know where i can buy marine carpeting? or does it HAVE to be marine carpet or will outdoor do?
I appreciate any help... thanks
Gone Fishin'
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

you could probably buy it from your local marine and i know you can get it from Cabela's. you could use indoor/outdoor but marine grade has an open loop design so that your hooks don't get snagged in it. nothing could be more frustrating than having to screw around getting yer hook out every time you drop a lure on the floor of your boat.
Codysouth9
Participant
Participant

Post by Codysouth9 »

thanks moonshine, i wonder how much that stuff would run me..
Gone Fishin'
RobM
Participant
Participant

Post by RobM »

I have bought it from The Chandlery. They are located near Richmond Road and Carling.

They have a website too: http://www.thechandleryonline.com/

Marine carpeting isn't cheap. On top of what moonshine said, I think it resists mold as well.
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Laurentian Marine. They carry Blue in stock. Many other colors available withing 2 days.
Also, consider outdoor carpeting from your local Home Depot. Make sure you seal your under-wood before you lay and glue the carpet!
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!