Closed End blind rivets

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
el_caboing
Participant
Participant

Closed End blind rivets

Post by el_caboing »

Seems that the boat I bought has some leaky rivets. Anyone know a place around the Cornwall area that I can find some aluminum/aluminum 3/16 closed end blind rivets? Thanks in advance.

Steve
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Closed End blind rivets

Post by smitty55 »

Heya Steve. I would think that local marinas would carry them. You may also be able to repair those rivets with a bucking tool instead of replacing them. Or even use those aluminum epoxy sticks that you melt with a torch. I had good luck with that many years back and it's still holding up fine. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
MUSKY HUNTER
Participant
Participant

Post by MUSKY HUNTER »

Flex seal it does it all crap out a screen door over them holes and paint it in flex seal lol
el_caboing
Participant
Participant

Post by el_caboing »

Tried a few marinas around and they do not seem to have any. Thx for the suggestions.
el_caboing
Participant
Participant

Post by el_caboing »

Found a place in Montreal that has some in stock. Should have them tomorrow. If anyone needs some, I got 100 and won't need all of them. Let me know.

Steve
Haulin Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Haulin Bass »

These rivets are available at Aklands- Grainger if you have one close by. Just for future ref.
el_caboing
Participant
Participant

Post by el_caboing »

Haulin Bass wrote:These rivets are available at Aklands- Grainger if you have one close by. Just for future ref.
No Aklands-Grainger near by but thx. Rivets came in yesterday. I ordered 100 but they shipped me 500, so if anyone ever needs any, give me a shout.
mblaney
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mblaney »

I bought a package of these from Brofasco in Nepean. If anyone in the Ottawa area needs some I have extra.