White Lake Arnproir Area

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
F7Firecat
Participant
Participant

White Lake Arnproir Area

Post by F7Firecat »

Well I just booked in a Cedar Cove for a week. Have to go to my bro inlaws wedding in ArnPrior during my stay at Cedar Cove.

Anyone have any pointers about White Lake. I will be there the first week in June. Looking to catch some walleyes, maybe some pike also.

Any help would be appreciated. I have never been to this lake or area before and am really looking forward to it.

Thanks
Bryan
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

There is lots of Pike but I do not think there is too many Walleye in White Lake.

Try to trailer up to Lake Madawaska for some nice 'eye action.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

In search of walleye at White Lake, start around Pickeral Bay.
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

F7Firecat, I have fished White Lake quite a few times and have never caught a wlleye there. Have caught a lot of small mouth bass and a few largemouth and definitely pike. There are a lot of islands with lots of places bass hide. Hardwood Island has proven to be very sucsessful for bass. The people at Cedar Cove put on an annual bass tournament there and I am sure they will point you in the right direction. Good Luck and let us know how you make out.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I think the lake has recently been stocked with splake :?: Other than that Ceder Cove is a beautiful campsite :wink: Your best bet is to fish some of the lunker largies in the lake....walleye are in there but fishing is usally slow....
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

tip-up wrote:Your best bet is to fish some of the lunker largies in the lake....walleye are in there but fishing is usally slow....
Bass are not in season inthe first week of June :cry:
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

tip-up wrote:I think the lake has recently been stocked with splake :?: Other than that Ceder Cove is a beautiful campsite :wink: Your best bet is to fish some of the lunker largies in the lake....walleye are in there but fishing is usally slow....
No splake in White Lake by Arnprior. There is another White Lake somewhere in Ontario.
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Check out the White Lake maps here on Fish-Hawk:

http://www.fish-hawk.net/Map_project/map_project.php
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

White Lake, has pickeral, and it has quite a few, but they are hard to find, this lake was one of Ontario best walleye lakes, but due to over fishing, no limits or size limits, it was just about desimated in the early 50's and 60's, it is making a come back slowly, but like I said they are hard to find, I grew up on this lake..and I have managed to catch a few...I've seen lots scuba diving...I would say to head to the main lake ...look for the deepest part and fish it after sunset...jigging with a minnow would be your best bet....sorry for not having any more info....for pike, well they are all over the place...just look for a shallow bay and they will be there..Good luck
HitmanHill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HitmanHill »

Sorry F7Firecat for the bad information Rex-Mundi is right Bass season doesn't open there until the last Saturday in June. Enjoy your trip just the same.
Weeder
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Weeder »

I know White Lake, and Cedar Cove, very well. A few posters have noted that Walleye/Pickerel are there but hard to find. That's true. Pickerel Bay, on the main lake side around sunset, 20-30 feet, using a jig and minnow will do the trick. You can get minnows at Cedar Cove, or at the Pickerel Bay Lodge, seconds away on the left as you enter Pickerel Bay, go towards the end, left hand side.

For pike, just fish, they are everywhere. They are not huge, but I have pulled out some angry 30-32 inchers and left them there for you to do the same.

Large mouth...come back a few weeks later. The Ministry patrols it and looks for early season bass fishing.

Other than that, I will see you wandering around Cedar Cove. I might even bring you over for a cold one a few trailers away, if you have a Fish-Hawk.Net hat on! If you have the hat, I will see you.

Peter
F7Firecat
Participant
Participant

White Lake

Post by F7Firecat »

Thanks guys for your replies. Walleye and Pike will be all I fish for.

Thanks again.
Bryan
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

White lake has a good fishery but it has also some surprises for those who don't know the lake. If you can get a good topo or depth chart it would be good .
I have fished there only a few time but i've heard some dooozys about rock and boat contact
I came in fourth in a bass outing several years ago and caught so many it was awesome
Right across from cedar might be a good place to start :wink: :wink:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Scum Frog wrote:
tip-up wrote:I think the lake has recently been stocked with splake :?: Other than that Ceder Cove is a beautiful campsite :wink: Your best bet is to fish some of the lunker largies in the lake....walleye are in there but fishing is usally slow....
No splake in White Lake by Arnprior. There is another White Lake somewhere in Ontario.
White Lake near Calabogie lake right :roll: Not too far from from Arnprior...

Stocking list says it all..

2002 Splake 5,700
2001 Splake 5,700
2000 Splake 5,700

As for Bass....Just noticed F7Firecat was heading up in June..Big largies though!
GamblerSteve
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

white lake

Post by GamblerSteve »

tip-up wrote:
Scum Frog wrote:
White Lake near Calabogie lake right :roll: Not too far from from Arnprior...

Stocking list says it all..

2002 Splake 5,700
2001 Splake 5,700
2000 Splake 5,700

As for Bass....Just noticed F7Firecat was heading up in June..Big largies though!
Your right TP I don't that there's many left in the lake but the last time Renegade had a tournament there I seen them on my underwater camera.

Steve